Fillet Steaks with Lemon-Parsley Butter
- Fillet steaks, about 25mm thick (one per person)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the butter:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Using the back of a fork, mash the butter ingredients together and stir until evenly mixed.
Cover and refrigerate the butter mixture until ready to serve.
Lightly brush or spray both sides of the steak with oil.
Season evenly with the salt and pepper.
Barbecue the steaks for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until they are cooked as desired.
Transfer each steak to a serving plate and place a tablespoon of the butter on top to melt.